I’m back with another tag! Again, I wasn’t tagged to do this, and again I saw it on Cátia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much‘s blog, and needed to do it. I love “Bohemian Rhapsody” and the questions are great, so I decided, why not?
1. Mama, just killed a man – a fictional character’s death that really upset you?
If you have managed to avoid reading the Harry Potter series, then SPOILER ALERT!!!! Other wise, continue reading. There were a lot of deaths in this series I got really sad about, but one in particular was Snape. He was a complex character, and he did some bad things, but ultimately, he died for someone else’s selfish need for power. That scene was so sad to me, especially when Snape told Harry to take the tears so he could fully understand the past. It just shows how much he loved Lily, because he was protecting Harry until his last words by helping him.
2. Carry on, carry on – pick a book that was hard to keep reading, but was worth it in the end?
I really liked Pride and Prejudice, however, I got really busy while reading it, and given that it’s not a super easy or fast read, this one was a little hard to finish. But it was definitely worth it in the end!
3. Sends shivers down my spine – pick a book with a beautiful spine/cover
I love the beautiful colors on this cover and I think it matches the book really well. (By the way, if you like books that talk a lot about music or other kinds of media, this is a great book for you!)
4. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to go – a book that you couldn’t finish?
Dracula. There were parts of that book I really liked, but other parts that really bored me, and in the end, I didn’t finish it. It also took me forever to read, so I just got bored of it because of that.
5. Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening?
I don’t read very many scary books, but I read Oblivion by Sasha Dawn a few years ago, and it really scared me. It deals with murder and physical abuse, and so at points it got scary. I remember not sleeping very well the night I had finished it. Although, to be fair, I get scared pretty easily.
6. Bismillah, no! We will not let you go – which book/series do you wish there had been more of?
Pretty Little Liars! Just kidding. There are enough already, I would say that for sure. I know this is a basic answer, but more Harry Potter. Are you ready for an even more basic answer? A Marauders’ Spin-Off series. I know everyone says that, but it’s for a reason! It would be awesome! I want to get to know more about their world, because it seems so fun and all of those characters are amazing. Plus, I would be able to see some characters like Snape that I already know except younger.
7. Mamma Mia, Mamma Mia – which book/series should be made into a musical?
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira, because it already talks about music so much, it would be fun to see them perform it live. Plus, the story line is really interesting, so I think it would make a good play.
8. The head-banging bit – which book made you facepalm?
The Waiting Tree by Lindsay Moynihan felt underdeveloped in parts and all over the place, so probably that book. There were way too many plots happening and ugh!! It was very facepalm inducing.
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me baby – pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
There were a lot of moments during Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (or just the series in general), where I felt like J. K. Rowling was being mean to me, but Fred’s death felt particularly mean. The Weasley twins always made the hard parts funny, but with one of them gone, it’s just not the same.
10. Nothing really matters to me – which character(s) did you not care about?
I don’t know if this counts, because I just didn’t like the book in general, but I didn’t care about any of the characters in Matched by Ally Condie. They didn’t interest me, and felt generic. To be fair, I don’t think I got even halfway done with it, so if it got better, I wouldn’t know.
- Cafe Book Bean
- The Mud and Stars Book Blog
- Tattooed Pages
- A Fangirl’s Opinion
- Erika in Bookventureland
…and anyone else who wants to do this tag!