I can’t believe it’s already March! February went by crazy fast, but I still found the time to listen to some great music! I hope you did too. Here’s what I listened to last month:
- Can’t Change Me – Chris Cornell
- Lupin’s Tale – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls
- Hunger Strike – Temple of the Dog
- Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own – U2
- Medicate – Gabbie Hanna
- Preaching the End of the World – Chris Cornell
- Feel Something – Adam Lambert
- Eastside – Benny Blanco, Halsey & Khalid
- Please Me – Cardi B & Bruno Mars
- ‘Til Death – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls
- No Such Thing – Chris Cornell
- Light Up Ya Lighter – Michael Franti and Spearhead
- Two Drink Minimum/As Hope and Promise Fade – Chris Cornell
- Necessity – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls
- Four Walled World – Temple of the Dog
- End of an Era – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls (This one hurts. Really bad).
- Calling All My Lovelies – Bruno Mars
- Poison Eye – Chris Cornell
- Don’t Make It Hard – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls
- Man or Animal – Audioslave
You can listen to the playlist here.
Every once in a while, I feel like looking at some Harry Potter stuff and so I go on Tumblr. It always starts with one tag, and I re-immerse myself in my love for Harry Potter. This time it was #remadora and I kid you not, I scrolled through e v e r y post under the Top section. But I mean just look at them!!!
Also sorry (but not really) to my few friends that follow me on Tumblr…oops.
Anyway…this led to me taking a trip down memory lane to my very short-lived obsession with wizard rock (wrock), where I found and rediscovered some great songs (full EP’s and albums, actually). So that’s why there’s a good number of Oliver Boyd and the Remebralls’ songs on this playlist. I felt like I needed to point it out, since it’s sort of different from everything else on the playlist. (You know because I usually listen to music that isn’t about Harry Potter).
Here are the wrock songs I remember from middle school the most clearly. Obviously, two of these are a bit more Sirius than the other one. (I tried so hard not to make that pun, but I just couldn’t resist the urge).
- Oh Ginny! – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls
- Mischief Managed – Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls
- My Dad Is Rich – Draco and the Malfoys
At the Oscar’s this year, Queen and Adam Lambert opened, and as per usual, they were amazing. I think everyone needs to see it, so…
One more thing! I know the Super Bowl was a while ago now, but I still wanted to show a few performances from the Foo Fighter’s Super Saturday Night concert. As per usual, they killed it. No surprises there. Here are two great performances by my favorite Dad Band™️:
Thanks for reading! ❤ ⚡️